In this article, I show how to change the Wyze camera WiFi.
If you need to and connect the Wyze Camera to another router there's a simple process to do that. It takes about 5 minutes to set up a new WiFi connection.
How to change the Wyze Cam WiFi
To change the Wi-Fi your Wyze camera is associated with, you just need to repeat the same initial installation process. Here are the steps.
1. Open the Wyze app on your mobile phone;
2. Log in into your Wyze account;
3. Just in case the camera is off, turn it on by plugging the USB cable;
4. Hold the setup button until you hear the message "ready to connect";
5. On the Wyze App click the dots on the top right corner;
6. Press the button "Add a product" and choose your Wyze Camera;
7. Choose the new WiFi Network;
8. Point the camera to the QR Code.
Make sure your router has the 2.4 GHz frequency enabled because the Wyze Camera does NOT work with the 5GHz frequency available on modern routers.
Most of the routers can operate on both frequencies, just check the configuration.
Change the WiFi Settings
Here's an example of a WiFi router configuration.
It's a Linksys router with the 2.4 GHz frequency enabled (Wireless B/G).
Depending on the router you are using, the menu can be different.
Look for the WiFi configuration menu and change yours if necessary.
As long as you have your router configured like that you will be able to set up your Wyze Cam Wifi for a new network.
If you have some problems visit the Wyze Cam website and ask for help.
Video: How to set up the Wyze Cam
Just in case you need to remember how to set up the Wyze Cam, here the video...
If you are looking for a WiFi router, just go for the models that work with both frequencies (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) and choose a reputable brand.
The TP-Link AC1750 Smart WiFi Router is a good example.
I hope this article can help you, please share it with your friends.
I recommend you read the other articles available on this blog: