In this article, I will show you how to replace the battery in a Honeywell thermostat.
Because of its lengthy history of more than 100 years and the variety of thermostats it has provided throughout the years, Honeywell Thermostat has been popular for years.
You may get everything you desire within your budget, ranging from the Series 1000 to the modern smart Wi-Fi-equipped thermostats. But because there are so many different models, we frequently become confused about how to change batteries correctly because the technique varies depending on the model.
How do I replace the battery in a Honeywell thermostat?
In most cases, you can remove the cover plate or slide out the battery compartment to change the batteries in a Honeywell thermostat. Put the battery back in place and leave it how it was.
Now you are aware that changing or replacing the batteries in a Honeywell thermostat is relatively simple. Even a child can do it!
Below is a detailed guide on Honeywell thermostat battery replacement, similar to the Honeywell Thermostat reset guide.
Before going any further, I want you to be aware that not all Honeywell thermostats use batteries. A quick tell is if your Honeywell thermostat has an LED display, it most likely uses batteries.
What kind of battery is used by Honeywell Thermostat?
To replace the battery in a Honeywell thermostat, you first have to know what kind of battery is necessary.
Nowadays, AAA batteries are required for the majority of Honeywell Thermostat models; however, certain versions still require AA batteries.
Therefore, before beginning the process of changing the batteries, always be aware of what batteries you require, and it is good to always have some on hand.
Another drawback is that while some of the newest thermostats have sliding battery compartments, some do not, necessitating the opening of the cover plate in order to access the battery compartment.
You may accomplish this by carefully pulling the cover plate away from the thermostat’s base plate. If necessary, you might have to remove a few screws.
Additionally, be careful to switch off the electricity before you begin changing the batteries to avoid coming into contact with any live wires.
When should the Honeywell Thermostat battery be changed?
A Honeywell thermostat requires a new battery once a year, and you will begin receiving notifications 60 days before the battery needs to be changed.
You have ample time to change the batteries as a result! The LED panel on the thermostat begins to display Low Batt or Replace the battery messages to warn you.
Around 60 days before your battery dies, you will receive messages. A different warning is a black screen, and your thermostat ceases to function after the warning.
You might not be concerned about changing the batteries in your thermostat if it merely utilizes batteries as an additional backup.
Nevertheless, it is still crucial to replace the battery. Apart from causing changes to the Honeywell thermostat’s Time and Date settings, it is essential to upkeep your device.
Additionally, your thermostat uses a battery for the backup process.
How can I locate the Honeywell Thermostat’s model number?
You need to know what kind of thermostat is in your home since different thermostat models have distinct battery replacement procedures.
Access the Honeywell Thermostat official website or follow the instructions listed below.
How to verify the model number on a Honeywell thermostat
Before you replace the battery in a Honeywell thermostat, knowing the model can help you follow the correct steps. The you can find the model number in the front of thermostats.
However, the model number of your thermostat may also be found on the back of the thermostat panel or in the LED display if it is not displayed on the front of the device.
Use the procedures listed below if you need to determine the model number of the thermostat from the back side:
- Be careful. First, turn off the circuit’s energy supply. This way, preventing any exposure to a live wire will be easy.
- To remove the thermostat from the base plate, slide it out from the bottom.
- Back it up and jot down the model number of the thermostat.
- Place the thermostat in its original location on the base.
Note: If your thermostat’s model number is not listed on the back, you can find it in the user manual that came with the device.
Series 8000 Honeywell Thermostat
This includes models TH8110U, TH8320U, and TH8321U.
Furthermore, one of the greatest and most technologically advanced thermostats is the Honeywell 8000 series, which has a ton of new features and is compatible with WiFi.
You can set up schedules and manage ventilation and humidity through your smartphone, among many other things. Need more info? Read the article “How to clear a schedule on a Honeywell Thermostat” to find out more!
The 8000 series Honeywell Thermostat may also be controlled through the “My Total Connect Comfort” web page and the Honeywell App. Making it incredibly versatile.
- Turning off the thermostat before replacing the batteries is the first step.
- Once the thermostat is turned off, gently remove the front cover while holding the base in place.
- Replace the three batteries with fresh AAA batteries, being sure to verify the battery’s + and – polarity.
- Put the cover back on the base plate in the same position as it was in before.
- You may now turn on the thermostat after replacing the battery.
Series 6000 Honeywell Thermostat
Models include the TH6220D, TH6110D & TH6320U.
Program Scheduling is one of the most intriguing features of the Series 6000 Honeywell Thermostat. This allows you to schedule features according to the days, thus, significantly reducing energy use.
Because the battery compartment on these thermostats slides out, replacing them is simple:
- Turn off the circuit breaker and the thermostat.
- To remove the battery holder, push and lift the bottom cover.
- Replace the battery in a Honeywell thermostat by placing several AA batteries inside the battery compartment after sliding it out.
- Put the cover back on the base plate the way you had it previously.
- Before installing the battery compartment, ensure the battery’s polarity is in the correct order.
- You may turn on the thermostat after changing battery.
Series 5000 Honeywell Thermostat
Series 5000 includes the following models: TH5320U, TH5220D & TH5110D.
With the help of the room’s temperature, the Series 5000’s Auto feature lets you alternate between heating and cooling.
The thermostat has a sliding battery compartment, so changing the battery does not need you to remove the base plate from the thermostat or open the top.
- Deactivate the thermostat.
- Just press and lift the lid to remove the battery compartment from the top right corner.
- Replace the battery by dragging the battery compartment and adding in the batteries.
- Place the top cover in the same position as previously.
- After you’ve replaced the battery, switch on the thermostat.
Series 4000 Honeywell Thermostat
Models include TH4110D & TH4210D
The Honeywell Thermostats from the 4000 Series include a built-in compressor protection system. Use the controls to manage the temperature, fan speed, heating system, etc.
The LED display informs you of the battery level, temperature, time, date, and other crucial information. In addition, to avoid coming into contact with any live wires, turn off the thermostat using the main circuit breaker.
- First, get rid of the Cover plate.
- Now, replace the AA batteries with new ones.
- Reattach the cover plate to the base. Put it down firmly.
- You may now turn on the thermostat after replacing the batteries.
Series 3000 Honeywell Thermostat
These include models: TH3110D & TH3210D.
The air conditioner and heating pump compressors are constantly safe since the 3000 Series also includes built-in compressor protection. LED displays alert you 60 days before the battery has to be replaced, and you only need to replace the batteries once a year.
- Switch off the thermostat.
- The thermostat cover should now be pushed and pulled upward.
- Replace the batteries after separating the cover plate from the base plate.
- Slide the cover back to the base position until it is securely secured.
- Set the thermostat to “On.”
Series 2000 & 1000 Honeywell Thermostat
Models include TH1210DV, TH2110DV, TH2210DV, TH1100DV & TH1110DV.
Honeywell offers inexpensive thermostats in the 2000 and 1000 series. These thermostats are typically in large apartment buildings.
Moreover, the thermostats may be used with a gas furnace and air conditioner and include an LED display. In conclusion, you can choose these models if you have a limited budget but don’t want to sacrifice quality.
- First the model needs to be off, just like all the others.
- Remove the base plate’s cover plate at this time.
- Put fresh batteries in. Make careful to verify the battery’s (+ & -) polarity.
- Reinstall the cover on the base plate.
- Turn on the thermostat now.
How to change the batteries in a few more Honeywell thermostats?
Don’t worry if you still haven’t seen your thermostat’s model yet. Let’s take a look at more models below.
Model RTH110B Honeywell Thermostat
This model can control central heating, hot water, and air conditioning; however, it lacks key features like heat pump compatibility and programmability.
Honeywell RTH110B model contains a thermometer that measures the inside temperature and assists in regulating it. To replace the battery in a Honeywell thermostat Model RTH110B follow the steps below:
- Deactivate the thermostat.
- Replace the battery by removing the lid. Ensure that the battery’s (+) and (-) terminals are in the correct position.
- Reinstall the cover on the base plate.
- Set the thermostat to “On”
Honeywell Thermostat Model RCH9310WF
A fantastic feature called Geofencing is included with this thermostat. Basically, this technology uses the location data from your phone to adjust the temperature in your HVAC system.
The full-touch glass display and several buttons for adjusting the temperature and other features make the thermostat appear fantastic. This thermostat is simple to integrate with third-party devices like IFTTT, Apple Watch, SmartThings, HomeKit, Alexa, Google Home, and others.
Follow the steps below to switch out the battery:
- Be cautious about turning off the thermostat before removing it from the base.
- Replace the worn-out AAA batteries with brand-new ones.
- Reattach the faceplate to the base at this point.
- Set the thermostat to “On.”
Now you are aware of how to replace the battery in a Honeywell thermostat. Always make sure that the breaker is off to keep any danger from touching live wires.