Blink’s high-quality cameras have always wowed many people, but there are instances when you’ll need to reset your camera, especially if it’s not operating correctly. So, how can you reset a Blink camera?
Let’s find out when we truly need to reset the Blink camera before we go into the procedures to reset the camera.
When should you reset a Blink camera?
There might be several reasons why you need to reset your Blink camera XT2 or Blink Mini, but I found the following two to be the most critical. Including:
- Your camera is not functioning correctly.
- You wish to restore factory or default settings.
So, if you’re having difficulties with your Blink camera and want to reset it, here are some troubleshooting options.
XT2 Blink Camera
How can I reset my XT2 blink camera for both outdoor and indoor use?
The Sync module is required to run the Blink XT2 outdoor and interior cameras. The Sync module serves as a connection point for Blinks cameras and the internet.
As a result, using the Sync module to reset the Blink cameras is simple because you don’t have to do so individually. The Sync module’s reset button resets the entire system at the same time.
You may also try disconnecting the cameras from the power supply and reconnecting them. It usually works, and the problems are resolved automatically.
You can successfully reset the Blink camera by pushing and holding the reset button on the sync module for a few seconds. The sync module in the Blink App must be deleted and reinstalled after the LED becomes red.
The reset button can be found on the bottom of the Blink camera.
Resetting Blink Mini camera
The Blink Mini camera does not require a sync module to function.
As a result, Blink tiny cameras must be reset individually using the reset button on the bottom of the camera.
For 10-15 seconds, press and hold the reset button. When the resetting procedure is complete, you will see a solid green and blue light. If your Blink Mini is linked to the sync module, follow the procedures above to reset it.
You’ll have to delete and reload the sync module on the Blink App from scratch.
Power Cycle Mode
You’re probably wondering why you should use the power cycle. Believe me, it’s the most straightforward approach that requires no additional effort.
Try power cycling your internet modem before you try power cycling your blink camera. Let’s cover how to reboot your internet modem:
- Remove your internet modem and wireless router from the power supply.
- Wait a minute or two before reconnecting the modem to the power supply.
- A solid green light and a blue light should appear to confirm you have completed the step correctly.
If the lights are not visible, power cycle the sync module by doing the following:
- Remove the sync module from its power supply.
- After 10-15 seconds, connect the sync module.
- Allow a minute for the solid green and blue light to appear.
Blink Sync Module
Reset the Blink Module
Resetting power cycle mode has always worked for me. However, if it doesn’t work for you, your only option is to reset your sync module.
When you use the sync module to reset your Blink cameras, all of your blink cameras go offline, and you’ll need to uninstall and reinstall the sync module in your Blink app.
How to reset the Sync module
To reset the Blink Module, press and hold the reset button on the side of the module. Maintain your grip until the light turns red, which takes around 10-15 seconds.
You will see a solid green and blue light when the reset is complete.
How to uninstall and reinstall the Sync module:
- Tap the ‘?’ icon in the Blink App.
- Choose the ‘Delete Sync Module’ option.
- When asked, enter the sync module serial number and choose the ‘Delete’ option.
- It would be best if you reinstalled the module now that it has been removed.
- Go to Home and select the ‘+’ option under Add.
- When prompted, choose your system and provide the serial number.
- Choose ‘Discover device’ and then ‘Join.’
- Voila! The sync module has been successfully reinstalled.
This is how to reset your Blink camera XT2, Outdoor and Indoor; however, if it doesn’t work, your blink camera may have a significant problem.
I don’t believe that restarting Blink Camera is always essential.
Minor troubles are always resolved by power cycling your internet modem and sync module.
However, if these don’t solve your Blink Camera problems, you should reset your camera. Nevertheless, if you ever need assistance, don’t hesitate to contact the customer department at Blink.
They can aid you in figuring out how to solve your problem step by step and fix your specific problem, whatever it might be.