The Amazon Fire TV Cube is widely popular. But just because it’s one of the best smart home streaming devices doesn’t mean it’s flawless. In this article, you’ll learn to reset Fire TV Cube.
You may need to reset the Fire TV Cube every now and again to bring everything back to normal. It’s possible that the gadget will freeze or just cease responding.
Though you’ll be frustrated, knowing how to hard reset your Fire TV, regardless of whatever model you bought, is beneficial.
Resetting your Fire TV Cube may be the best option if your device is suffering system difficulties such as freezing, lagging, connection issues, or being unresponsive.
Reasons to reset Fire TV Cube.
There are various reasons why and when you should consider resetting your Fire TV Cube, as listed below:
- You wish to restore the functionality of your Fire TV Cube to its original state.
- The smart capabilities of the Fire TV Cube (Alexa) are not working.
- All alternatives fail, such as the Fire TV Cube continues to flash or swing a yellow light.
- Problems with wireless network connectivity
- The television is lagging or freezing.
Resetting your Fire TV Cube is quick and straightforward, and it does not need any prior technical expertise. You’ll discover how to reset Fire TV Cube in the sections below.
What is the procedure for resetting a Fire TV Cube?
You may conduct a fast reset on the Fire TV Cube if you run into any of the issues outlined above. However, there are two types of resetting possibilities for Fire TVs:
- Restarting the system
- Performing a factory reset
How do you restart your Fire TV Cube?
Simply disconnect the power adapter and re-plug it, or follow the steps below.
To turn off the gadget, press and hold the action button (Action button: Activates Alexa) for 10 seconds. To restart, press it one more time.
How can you use the remote buttons to factory reset your Fire TV Cube?
You may also utilize your remote if you can’t reset your device through the settings panel. Here’s how to do it:
- Turn on your television and the Fire TV Cube.
- Hold the Volume and Mute buttons until the lights glow blue (about 40 seconds).
- When you get the pop-up notification, click reset.
- Wait for your TV to reset for a few minutes. It could take around ten minutes or so.
How to use settings to factory reset your Fire TV Cube
You may reset Fire TV Cube through the settings section by following the instructions below:
- From your TV’s home screen, go to settings.
- Select device from the drop-down menu.
- Next, choose Reset to Factory Defaults from the drop-down menu.
- Restart is the option you should choose.
- Wait for your TV to reset for a few minutes. It could take up to ten minutes or so.
- After rebooting, you must set up your Fire TV Cube as if it were brand new.
Want to find out “how to add storage to the Amazon Fire Cube?“ Check out the article!
When troubleshooting most Fire TVs, you have the choice of performing a system restart or a hard factory reset. Hopefully, you had an easy time resetting the Fire TV Cube.
Depending on the technical problem you’re having with your Fire TV, you may only need to do one or both of these steps to fix it.
After trying the suggestions above, you should contact Amazon for assistance if the problem persists. They can let you know if your device is having issues or will need to be replaced.