Are you having trouble with your Google Chromecast? That can happen from time to time; technology isn’t exactly a perfect science. In this article, I will cover how to reset Google Chromecast.
Losing connection to your device might happen if you get a new route. But worry not; resetting Google’s Chromecast is incredibly easy, whether through the app or the device itself.
What is Google Chromecast?
This little device does it all. It is a great gadget and maintains an affordable price. The Google Chromecast allows you to share or “cast” the media from your phone, tablet, or computer to your TV in an instant.
Chromecast can lag or freeze, and a simple rebooting can quickly help your device work once again and will smooth over any problems. However, if this does not help your case, you might need to purchase a new one, which will not cost you much.
The process is relatively easy and can be solved in under a couple of minutes. And keeping your device factory reset allows it to be almost like new.
How to reset Google Chromecast
There are two main ways to reset your Google Chromecast. Either manually through your device or through the app. I will go over both:
- Press and hold the reset button; it is located next to the USB port and is a small round button. You should hold it for around 25 seconds, and it should begin flashing.
- To complete the Google Chromecast reset and make your device like new, disconnect the device from the power cable and plug it back in after a minute.
Resetting through the app.
Before you attempt to reset through the app, you should be aware that it can only be done if your Google Chromecast is connected to WI-Fi. If it is not, opt for the first method instead.
- Open the Google Home app on your device; this can be a tablet, phone, or laptop.
- Click the “Account” button located on the bottom right side of the app.
- There should be an option that shows you how many devices are connected in your home; click there.
- Once the list of devices opens, choose the device you want to reset, being the Google Chromecast in this case.
- Once selected, choose the “Settings” icon and open the device settings, which allows you to make alterations.
- Choose the three dots “…” and a new menu will open up. Finally, choose the reset option to finalize the process and confirm your choice.
Overall, the Google Chromecast is a fantastic, worthy investment that is affordable for every household. Though technology can sometimes have its failing moments, it can also make your life that much easier.
The Google Chromecast enables you to share different videos amongst your family, allowing everyone to share laughs. It is an excellent gadget for the holidays and can make an amazing stuffer.
Trust me when I say anyone would love this gift and is definitively a keeper.