If you know the proper procedures to execute for your thermostat model, resetting a White Rodgers Emerson thermostat is simple. Read on for the step-by-step instruction.
Most thermostats can be reset similarly, although some new models have different reset methods. As a result, here is a guide to the reset procedures for all of the models in one spot.
Every thermostat’s model is printed on the back of the panel, so you’ll need to remove the wall plate to figure out what type you have. Be careful not to come into contact with live wires.
Resetting a White Rodgers Emerson thermostat
In this guide, you will get a tutorial that will walk you through the procedures to reset a White Rodgers Thermostat, broken down by model.
If you need to learn how to reset a Wyze Thermostat, check out our other article!
Sensi Smart Touch Thermostat Reset
1F95U-42WFB and 1F95U-42WF are the two models that will be looked at in the steps below. Remove the wall plate and look for your thermostat model number if you don’t know if it is one of these models.
The Sensi Smart Touch Thermostat is one of Emerson’s newest models, and it works with both Alexa and Google Home.
Color touch screens, geofencing, remote access, and a 25% reduction in power bills are some of the additional features that set it apart from the competition.
How to Reset a Sensi Smart Touch Thermostat
- Select “About Thermostat” from the menu.
- Now, select “Factory Reset” from the drop-down menu.
- Voila! Your thermostat has been reprogrammed.
Resetting the schedule on Sensi Smart Touch
Resetting a thermostat schedule only necessitates the establishment of a new one. To do so, simply follow the procedures below:
- Go to the menu and select schedule.
- Now, make any necessary changes to the schedule set up and save it.
- You’ve now reset the schedule.
Resetting a White Rodgers Emerson thermostat can also include WiFi. The method is slightly different depending on whether you’re using Android or iOS to reset the Sensi Touch Smart Thermostat’s WiFi.
You should also know what sort of display your thermostat has.
- Displays that show “Blank” or “00.”
- Or Displays that show “11” or “22.”
Both have somewhat different steps. So make sure you are aware of which one you own.
Follow the steps below if you’re using iOS:
- Make sure your phone and gadget are both on the same 2.4GHz network.
- Go to the menu and choose WiFi.
- Now, choose one of the two options: “Set up new Network” or “Home icon.”
- It’s time to launch the Settings app on your iOS smartphone.
- Set up a new device called “Sensi-XXXXX.”
- Select Next from the Accessory Setup menu.
- After the devices have been connected, click “Done.”
Follow the steps below if you’re using Android:
- Click on the “+” icon in the Thermostat App.
- Select your model and the “Yes, it’s on the Wall” option.
- Now go to your thermostat and select menu> WiFi icon from the menu.
- Select the Sensi Network from the App.
- Then choose your WiFi after entering the PIN.
- You’re done after you’ve entered the WiFi password. You are now connected and have access to the thermostat.
Emerson White Rodgers Thermostat: 80 and 70 Series
Who wouldn’t appreciate this classic series’s white display with a little digital black and white screen? This series has over eight models, and they all seem very identical.
However, the resetting of all models is not the same and varies slightly.
As a result, your white Rodgers thermostat reset technique would be one of the following:
Resetting a White Rodgers Emerson thermostat; 80 or 70 series
To effectively perform a reset on an Emerson White Rodgers Thermostat, 80 and 70 Series, you have two options.
- You must simultaneously press and hold the arrow key and the Time button. Or
- Press and hold the arrow keys while simultaneously pressing the “Switch On” button.
The monitor will now go blank, and the display will appear again after the thermostat is reset.
Emerson 80 Series Thermostat
The Emerson 80 series thermostat has a technique for resetting the 80 series that differs from that of the traditional 80 series.
The following models that will reset with the steps below includes:
Reset procedures for the Thermostat Emerson 80 series
- For 5-10 seconds, press and hold the Menu and Backlight buttons at the same time.
- After a complete reset, you will see the display turning dark and then reappearing.
What is the procedure for hard resetting an Emerson 80 series thermostat?
This procedure should only be done if your display goes blank and does not return. You’ll need to change the batteries, which will require you to remove the cover plate.
After removing the cover plate, remove the batteries for 2 minutes before reinstalling them. Hopefully, you’ll be able to view the display again.
Emerson Blue Series 12″ Touchscreen Thermostat
The Emerson Blue Series thermostat has a backlit display and is available in both programmable and non-programmable versions.
Resetting these thermostats is uncomplicated; simply press the “Run Schedule” button, and they will return to their usual operational condition.
How can I reset my Emerson Touchscreen Thermostat – Blue Series 12 to factory settings?
If your display is blank or your thermostat is not responding, you should do a hard reset. To hard reset your device, follow the instructions below.
- The batteries must be removed for 2 minutes and can be accessed by opening the wall cover plate.
- Replace the batteries after 2 minutes.
- Your thermostat should now work properly again.
White Rodgers Comfort-Set® 90 Series Thermostat
Because there are a few more stages in the Comfort-Set® 90 Series White Rodgers Thermostat reset, it will take a few extra minutes.
Resetting a White Rodgers Emerson thermostat Comfort-Set® 90 Series
Check all wiring, buttons, and power sources before beginning to reset. If all of them are fine but your thermostat is still not operating or displaying CHECK STAT, perform a factory reset.
- For 5 seconds, press and hold the Program or Run button.
- The thermostat will be turned off.
- If the previous steps do not work, remove the thermostat and the batteries.
- Replace the batteries and then return the thermostat to its original position.
- Voila! Your thermostat has been factory reset, and the display will now begin to display.
White Rodgers Line Voltage Digital Thermostats
This thermostat is white in color and has four buttons: two arrow keys, a light switch, and a power switch in the form of a slider.
Line Voltage Digital White Rodgers Thermostats Reset Procedures
- Keep the arrow keys pressed and held.
- On the right side of the thermostat, press the Light button.
- The thermostat will be reset, and the display will appear once again.
Emerson Touchscreen Thermostat Blue Series 6″
Are you looking for a touchscreen interface that works with single-stage, multistage, and heat pump systems? The “Blue Series 6” is just what you require.
Resetting a White Rodgers Emerson thermostat Blue Series 6.”
- Remove the thermostat’s rear cover first.
- The RH and RC wires should now be removed from the terminals.
- Remove the batteries and let the thermostat be unplugged for 5 minutes.
- Replace the battery and reinstall the cover in the same position as previously.
- Your thermostat will now restart, and your reset is complete.
Reminder: The resetting method for the Blue Series 4′′ Emerson Thermostat is the same as for the Blue Series 6″.
Rodgers Emerson Blue Series 2′′ Thermostat
If you’ve ever used an Emerson 70 series thermostat, you can safely claim that the Blue Series 2″ is merely an enhancement.
The Blue Series 2″ is available in both programmable and non-programmable variants. Because the reset methods for both are slightly different, we’ll go over both of them here.
The methods below work for the following models:
Steps to resetting a White Rodgers Emerson thermostat Blue Series 2.”
There are two possible methods to reset. Find them below:
White Rodgers Thermostat Reset (Method 1)
- At the same time, press the arrow keys and the Program button.
- When the thermostat restarts, you’ll see a blank screen at first, then the screen will return.
White Rodgers Thermostat Reset (Method 2)
- Simultaneously press and hold the arrow keys and the TIME button.
- Hold the buttons for a total of 10 seconds.
- The thermostat will restart, and the screen will go blank before appearing again.
- Voila! Your thermostat has been reset.
- Remove the thermostat’s top cover and press and hold the Reset button for a few seconds. The screen will go black for a moment before reappearing.
- Replace the top cover in its original position. The White Rodgers Thermostat has been successfully reset.
Is your White Rodgers Thermostat stuck in the “hold” position?
If your White Rodgers Thermostat is stuck on hold, that means your HVAC system is locked into a preset temperature, and you won’t be able to modify it until you take it off hold.
To free yourself from the hold, press and hold “Run Schedule” for 10 seconds.
Are you looking for manuals for White Rodgers thermostats?
When you buy a thermostat, it comes with a White Rodgers Thermostats Manual. However, if you don’t have it or have misplaced your instructions, you may get it from the Emerson website.
We’ve provided step-by-step instructions for resetting a White Rodgers Emerson thermostat.
However, if you’re using an older or new model that isn’t listed in this post, you can always leave a comment below, and we’ll add it to the list.