In this article, I show how to install and set up the Ring Video Doorbell 2.
The process is straightforward and takes less than 10 minutes.
Leet's dive into the product details.
Ring Video Doorbell 2 overview
You can get notifications whenever motion is detected, or somebody is ringing your video doorbell. You can adjust the motion zones to reduce false alerts.
The installation is simple, and you can connect your Ring Video Doorbell 2 to your WiFi and use the Ring app to monitor everything remotely.
And yeah, you can use the Amazo Alexa to control your video doorbell 😉
What is in the box
The box contains
- The Ring Video Doorbell;
- A drill bit;
- A leveler;
- A USB cable;
- A screwdriver
- A "Protected by Ring" sticker.
That's all you need to have your video doorbell up and running.
The Ring Video Doorbell installation
The video doorbell installation is straightforward. You just need to mount the plate on a wall, attach the device and put the security screws into place.
The picture below shows the backplate removed from the video doorbell.
At first, the backplate doesn't come with the security screws, you just need to pull it from the video doorbell, and it will come out.
The picture below shows the location of the security screws.
You have to put the screws into place after installing the doorbell to the wall.
If you already have a doorbell and want to use it, connect the existing wires to the Ring Video Doorbell's back, as shown in the following picture.
Take a look at the final installation. Pretty nice, huh?
The Ring Video Doorbell 2 setup
The camera setup is very easy; here are the steps:
- Download and install the Ring Always Home App on your mobile;
- Press the orange (setup) button on the back of the video doorbell;
- Wait for the instructions (there's a voice prompt);
- Use the mobile phone to read the video doorbell QR Code;
- Create a Ring Account (if you still don't have one);
- Follow the instructions on the screen;
- Choose the Ring Doorbell;
- Finish the setup.
The following pictures show the details.
- Press the set up button
- Scan the QR Code
Follow the instructions.
- Check the location and click continue
- Check the information and click continue
- Choose Ring Doorbell
- Check if the ring LED is ON and click continue
- Choose the Wi-Fi and enter the password.
After this last step, your Ring Video Doorbell will update and restart.
And it's done. Enjoy your device.
Use only 2.4GHz Wi-Fi Band
The Ring Video Doorbell works with 2.4GHz networks.
If you have a dual-band router that uses 5GHz and 2.4GHz, make sure this last band is enabled in your router.
Video: Ring Video Doorbell setup
Watch the video for setup