Virtual assistants are spread everywhere, especially with a giant like Amazon pushing its own. So people that have high-level automation systems are interested to know if Control4 is compatible with Alexa, Google Home or Siri.
In this article, I address the question, "Does Control4 work with Alexa?"
If you have your home fully automated, the good news is, Yes, Control 4 works with Alexa, and you can integrate them very easily with just a few steps.
Let's take a look at how to set up your system to make such integration.
How to setup Control4 to work with Alexa
Here's the step-by-step to connect your Control4 system to Alexa.
- Download the Alexa app to your smartphone or tablet;
- Open the App and login into your Amazon account;
- Click the "More" menu and click "Skills & Games";
- In the next screen, Search for "Control4";
- Install the skill and click "Enable to Use";
- Login into your Control4 account;
- Click on "Discover Devices".
And it's done.
The Alexa App looks for the Control4 devices to find and add them.
The following pictures show how to execute this process.
Pretty easy, isn't it ? 🙂
Now you can just say, "Alexa, trun on kitchen lights," and the magic will happen.
Manage the Control4/Alexa voice commands
You can adjust the voice commands to have better control over the devices that are associated with Alexa. This is done via your Control4 account.
- Log in to your account at customer.control4.com;
- Select "Amazon Alexa" in the Automation menu;
- Enable/disable and edit the voice commands
See the pictures below for reference.
Yeah, now you can customize the commands the way you want.
How to view the Control4 available voice commands
If you want to check what are the voice commands available in the Control4 system, click the button "View Voice Commands."
The picture below shows the result of such a command.
And that's the way you can handle your Alexa and Control4 integration 🙂
To learn more, please visit the Control4 website.
Now you know that Control4 works with Alexa, it's time to get your system working and help your friends. Please click the buttons below to share this article.