It’s no secret that Amazon’s Fire Sticks are quite popular. We’re all impressed, aside from the fact that it’s inexpensive, has a ton of channels, and allows you to control your TV with your phone! But what should you do if your Fire TV is flashing a yellow light?
Before you get concerned about what this flashing yellow light implies, keep in mind that it does not indicate that your Fire TV will cease operating.
Continue reading to discover how to pair and reset your remote and Fire Cube to solve the flashing light and get your Fire TV back up and running.
Keep in mind that if your Fire TV is flashing orange light, it is an entirely different issue on its own.
How Do I Fix A Flashing Yellow Light On A Fire TV?
While no one likes to deal with a technical problem when they’re ready to relax and watch TV, a connectivity problem is simple to resolve. If your Fire TV is flashing a yellow light, here are some troubleshooting options for you.
When you notice the flashing yellow light, most of the time, all you have to do is re-pair or reset your remote. If the yellow light remains, follow the steps below to resolve the issue and alternative options to fix it.
The yellow flashing light indicates a connection problem. The flashing frequency will indicate the type of issue, such as your remote being in discovery mode or not pairing or a bad WiFi connection.
The problem should be resolved by reconnecting or resetting the device.
Battery and connectivity checks
Start by testing your Fire TV remote batteries before moving on to more serious concerns. If the batteries in the remote are low, the remote’s ability to connect with your device may be hampered.
Also, double-check that the Fire Stick is appropriately plugged in and operational.
Pair a Fire TV remote
If your remote is in discovery mode, then you will notice that the Fire TV is flashing a yellow light. When this is the case, the yellow light blinks slowly, indicating that there is a problem.
Your television should also prompt the pairing procedure.
When the pairing is complete, a message will show on your TV, and the light on your remote will blink blue.
You may either follow this message or start the re-pairing process yourself by pressing and holding the home button for 10 seconds, which will cause the light on your remote to flash.
It’s possible that the pairing will take 30 seconds to complete. If you’re having trouble pairing your remote, try resetting it.
How to Reset The Remote Control On My Fire TV?
With the exception of the first-generation Fire TV remotes, all Fire TV remotes reset in the same manner. The instructions for resetting a first-generation remote are as follows:
- Hold down the “Home” button and then hit the “Menu” button nine times without letting go of the “Home” button.
- Take out the remote’s batteries.
- For 60 seconds, turn off and disconnect your Fire TV, then replace the batteries in your remote.
- Wait for the Home Screen to show after plugging in and turning on your TV.
- Press and hold, for 40 seconds, the “Home” button.
- Before entirely resetting, you’ll have to wait another 60 seconds.
If you have a different model of Fire TV remote, you may reset it by doing the following:
- For 60 seconds, unplug your Fire TV.
- Hold down the “Left,” “Menu,” and “Back” keys at the same time for 15 seconds.
- Remove the batteries from the remote after releasing and waiting a few seconds.
- Wait 60 seconds after plugging in and turning on your television.
- Replace the batteries in your remote and push the “Home” button.
The yellow light should go away once you’ve made sure your remote is paired adequately with your TV.
What is the procedure for resetting a Fire Cube?
If none of the preceding methods worked, you might need to reset your Fire Cube to remove the flashing yellow light.
Before resetting your Fire Cube to factory settings, it’s a good idea to restart it.
Press and hold the “Mute” and “Volume Down” keys simultaneously for 40 seconds to restart your Fire Cube. When the restart is complete, the Fire Cube will become blue.
If the Fire TV flashes a yellow light and persists, consider resetting the device to factory settings.
Note that this reset will wipe your device’s settings, applications, and passwords, and you’ll have to set them up again. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Settings from the TV menu and choose “My Fire TV” from the drop-down menu.
- In the new menu, there should be a “Reset to Factory Defaults” option.
What is the procedure for resetting your router?
Your Fire TV’s flashing yellow light may be caused by a WiFi connection issue, in which case you may try resetting your router in the right sequence. The following are the steps to reset your router:
- If you have ethernet connections, disconnect them before unplugging your router.
- Unplug your Fire TV and any connected devices.
- Before connecting your router, wait two minutes.
- Wait until your router is completely operational before reconnecting any ethernet connections.
You should be able to connect to the WiFi after plugging in and turning on your Fire TV. If you’re still having problems connecting, you might want to try using an ethernet cable if you already don’t.
Fire TVs are a terrific way to relax while watching your favorite shows, but they may be frustrating if you have any technical troubles.
Fortunately, when your Fire TV is flashing a yellow light, it typically indicates that something isn’t connected properly, and it’s a simple remedy.
Resetting your device or pairing your remote is a simple, if not obvious, step that generally resolves the issue.
Keep in mind that sometimes all you need to do is replace a dead battery or double-check power cords that have been knocked loose to get things operating again.
If the flashing light remains after doing the troubleshooting steps above, a more severe problem may require attention.