A Roku streaming device is an excellent method to manage and access a variety of streaming services. This article will teach you to remove channels from Roku.
There are occasions when you wind up with channels that you don’t want to watch or that you don’t want to deal with. Tastes and interests vary with time, after all.
You might just wish to tidy up your home feed sometimes. Removing a channel from your account prevents anybody else from accessing it, which may be precisely what you want.
This raises the topic of how to delete channels from a Roku device. Regardless of the Roku device you have, these methods will work.
Make sure you connect the Roku device to the internet; otherwise, it will not be able to update properly.
If you wish to remove channels from Roku when your device isn’t connected to the internet for whatever reason, you may do it with the Roku Mobile App.
How to remove unwanted channels from Roku
You may delete channels from your Roku device in a variety of ways. Including:
- Using the Roku App on a Mobile Device
- The Channel’s Lineup
- The Roku Channel Store
Using the Roku Mobile App to Remove Channels
You can get the Roku Mobile App from the Google Play Store (Android) or the App Store (iOS) if you don’t already have it.
It’s a convenient method to manage your account from the convenience of your phone or while on the road.
You can utilize the App as a sort of remote, search for content to view on your phone, stream, and cast to a TV that isn’t connected to a Roku player.
These are the procedures you’ll need to perform in order to remove channels:
- Open the Roku App on your mobile device.
- Tap the Channels icon in the Navigation bar.
- Select My Channels from the Channels tab.
- Tap and hold the channel you want to eliminate until it disappears.
- Remove the item by tapping Remove.
You may delete channels from your Roku lineup no matter where you are by using the app!
Additionally, while your Roku device is not connected to the internet, you may deactivate channels. The channels you deleted will be removed when the device is updated.
Remove channels from Roku using the channel lineup.
- To begin, press the Home Button on your remote control.
- Make a note of the channel you want to get rid of.
- To access the Options Menu, use the Star button.
- Choose the option Remove Channel.
Using Roku Channel Store to remove channels
- Activate the Home Button
- Choose Streaming Channels to access the Channel Store.
- Locate the channel you want to unsubscribe from.
- On your remote, press OK.
- Click on Remove Channel
A checkmark appears at the bottom of each channel tile when this approach is used, indicating which ones have been installed.
How to Hide Roku Channels Temporarily
You can conceal the channel for the time being if you don’t want to delete it totally. You may accomplish it in the following way:
- Navigate to the Settings menu.
- Select the Home Screen option.
- Choose “Hide” for the channel you want to hide.
- Once you want to make the channel visible again, repeat the process but pick Show instead of Hide.
Keep in mind that you may only be able to conceal the News and Movie/TV store channels, especially with earlier Roku devices.
Getting Rid of Private Channels
Channels that may only be added using codes are known as private channels. But worry not, as you can still remove channels from Roku, even if they are private.
Private channels are not in the official Roku Channel Store, but they’re available through online channel directories.
You can delete these channels from the Roku App or Channel Lineup if you no longer wish to watch them.
Roku App method
- Go to the My Channels tab in the Roku Mobile App.
- To open Channel Options, tap and hold.
- Select ” Remove channel.”
- Remove Channel.
Channel Lineup Method
- Select My Channels from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Private Channel you wish to delete from the list.
- To access settings, use the Star key.
- Pick remove channel
Subscriptions to Channels
Some channels are generated as a result of a service subscription.
Check to see whether there is a subscription for the channel and if it is billed to your Roku account.
You may manage your subscriptions by logging into your account and clicking “Manage Your Subscriptions.” If the channel you want to unsubscribe from is mentioned, you must first cancel the subscription.
You won’t be able to remove channels from Roku otherwise. Furthermore, the channel may remain accessible until the billing cycle is completed.
Because the channel is set up to auto-renew, you may wind up uninstalling it but still being paid for the service. As a result, you must first check and cancel your membership.
What to Do If Channels Don’t Go Away?
If the channel is linked to a subscription, it may remain viewable until the billing cycle ends, after which it will vanish.
When your Roku’s channel lineup changes, you’ll need to reload and update it. To do so, follow these steps:
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Choose System Update
- Select Check Now.
- The channels should be gone after the Roku has been updated.
If this doesn’t work, you may need to reset your Roku streaming device to factory settings. This will reset your account and only display the most recent updates. Here are the steps:
- On your remote, press the Home button.
- Select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Choose “system”
- Select Advanced System Settings.
- Choose Factory Reset.
- Followed by Factory Reset Everything from the menu.
The factory reset will be guided by the Roku streaming device.
After that, go back to your Home button and log in.
Hopefully, this article helped you understand how to remove channels from Roku and how to debug cases when the channels were not removed as expected.
You can better simplify your Roku streaming experience no matter where you are now that you know your alternatives.