In this article, I show how to reset a Schlage deadbolt lock.
If you lost your PIN (Pin Identification Number) for your Schage door lock, there's a way to restore the device to its factory default settings and reprogram the lock.
After following the steps described here, you will be able to have a new code to use on the keypad. Let's take a look at the step-by-step process...
- Use a screwdriver to remove the cover plate of the Schlage door lock.
- Disconnect the battery from the deadbolt.
- Press the "Schlage" button few times and then hold it.
- Reconnect the battery (while holding the "Schlage" button pressed) .
- Keep the "Schlage" button pressed for at least 5 seconds.
- Reprogram the lock.
The reset will erase all the information stored in the deadbolt, including the user's access and audit information, so you need to reprogram the lock from scratch.
I hope this article can help you; please share it your friend.