In this article, I explain how to connect ADT to Alexa.
After this integration, you can talk to Alexa devices and Ask them to control your ADT System or give you status information. It's that easy.
Let's see how to get this integration done.
How to set up Alexa to work with ADT
To connect your ADT system to Alexa, you just need to download the Alexa App on your mobile phone, log in to your Amazon account, then enable the ADT Pulse Skill and link the accounts. Follow the step-by-step process below.
- On your mobile, go to the Apple or Android Store;
- Download and install the Alexa App;
- Open the Alexa App and login to your Amazon account;
- Tap "Skills" look for "ADT Pulse" and enable it;
- Link the ADT account with Alexa by entering your credentials;
- Give all necessary permission to Alexa.
And it's done.
Your ADT system is connected to Alexa.
See the following pictures for more detail.
After these steps, Alexa is ready to receive the voice commands.
Examples of Alexa voice commands
The ADT system is connected to Alexa, so it's necessary to tell Alexa to ask ADT to do something. Be aware of this detail; otherwise, the commands won't work.
- Alexa, ask ADT what is the temperature of my thermostat?
- Alexa, ask ADT to set my mode to ‘Out for the Day’.
- Alexa, ask ADT to take a video clip from my Back Door Camera.
- Alexa, ask ADT is the Front Door Lock battery low?
- Alexa, ask ADT to arm my system stay.
- Alexa, ask ADT to arm my system away.
- Alexa, ask ADT to check the status of the security system.
- Alexa, ask ADT to lock the Front Door Lock.
- Alexa, ask ADT to unlock the Back Door Lock with PIN 2134.
- Alexa, ask ADT to close the Garage Door.
- Alexa, ask ADT to turn on the Front Light.
Extra things you can do with Alexa
You can use Alexa to ask a lot of different things that are not related to ADT.
It's possible to have information about the weather, order food, listen to your favorite songs, and watch your movies on Netflix. All with simple voice commands.
For these types of requests, you can ask Alexa directly (no need to use ADT).
As long as you have your Pandora account linked to Alexa and a favorite playlist, she will play it for you.
It's pretty easy to connect Alexa to ADT Pulse.
With just a few steps, you can have your system up and running.
You can ask Alexa to tell ADT to arm or disarm your system, capture video clips, turn the light's on and off and lock and unlock the doors in your house.
You can use your PIN to enforce the security before executing the commands.
Please visit the ADT website to learn more.
I hope this article can help you, please share it with your friends.