Need to replace the ADT battery ? In this article, I show how to do that.
The process is very simple and takes less than 5 minutes.
Keep reading to learn more...
Put the alarm system in test mode
Before replacing the battery, make sure the alarm system is in test mode.
Open the ADT portal and put the system in test mode for 1 to 2 hours.
Replacing the battery in the ADT Safewatch 3000
- Order a new battery from MyADT.com or a local retailer;
- Put your system in test mode;
- Locate the alarm panel control box;
- Unplug the transformer from the power;
- Open the alarm panel control box;
- Disconnect the black and the red wires from the battery;
- Replace the battery and plug the wires back;
- Plug the transformer back to power (outlet);
- Remove your system from test mode
To replace the battery, open the alarm panel, pull the black and white cables from the battery. Put the new battery in place and connect both cables to the terminals according the polarities (red = positive and black = negative).
And it's done.
Close the alarm panel, open the portal and put the system back to normal mode.
Now your ADT alarm system may operate normally with the new battery.